Investing.com – Tesla (NASDAQ:) shares soared in postmarket trading Wednesday as the electric automaker posted a surprise strong profit when Wall Street was forecasting a loss.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:) reported of $1.91 per share. Analysts were expecting a loss of 45 cents per share, according to forecasts compiled by Investing.com.
- Sales came in at $6.3 billion, below the consensus estimate of $6.47 billion.
- Shares of Telsa rose more than 14% in after-hours trading.
- The company said the rollout of its Model Y vehicle is ahead of schedule, and production is expected to start in the summer of 2020.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:) announced on Oct. 2 that it delivered 97,000 electric vehicles in the third quarter, just shy of forecasts. Of those delivered, 79,600 were the in-demand Model 3.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.