This post was originally published on this sitehttps://i-invdn-com.akamaized.net/news/LYNXMPEB5313F_M.jpg
Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Monday:
- General Electric (NYSE:) rose 0.7% after it announced a freeze to its U.S. pension plan, affecting 20,000 employees, in a move that it said would cut the group’s pension deficit by between $5 billion and $8 billion, and cut net debt by up to $6 billion.
- General Motors (NYSE:) fell 1.0% after the UAW said negotiations to end a four-week strike “took a turn for the worse” at the weekend due to what it said was management’s failure to provide job guarantees for U.S. workers.
- Broadcom (NASDAQ:) was in focus after a report by the FT said the European Commission is set to clamp down on perceived abusive clauses in its sales contracts, even though the Commission hasn’t yet concluded its investigation into the company.
- Uber (NYSE:) rose 3.3% after being upgraded to “buy” by analysts at Citigroup (NYSE:). That’s a valuation-driven change, as the analysts haven’t changed their price target from $45.
- DISH Network (NASDAQ:) rose 11.8% after concluding a peace deal with Fox that restores access to Fox channels for its subscribers after a two-week dispute.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE:) rose 1.8% after increasing its quarterly dividend by 38% to 42 cents a share and saying it plans to buy back $3 billion of stock next year.
Disclaimer: Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.